1. Erase POC vegans.
2. Erase the history and contributions of animal rights among POC. (Jains, for example.)
3. Forget that white people often have the largest voice when it comes to just about any movement, regardless of how much they actually contributed to it.
4. Imply that only white people are ethically, morally, and emotionally superior enough to care about non-human lives.
reblogging as a white vegan that hears that bullshit argument a lot from other white people.
"you can’t be just friends with people of the gender you’re attracted to"
myth actually true. i, as a bisexual, can confirm that i have no friends.
pansexuals spend their lives in solitude, with only rocks for company
meanwhile asexuals are friends with everyone. literally every single person on the planet. i do not know how i remember so many names
just so we’re clear:
- getting called out for doing something shitty is not the same as “getting hate”
- if someone is telling you that you did something shitty, they are not criticizing you as a person
- messing up does not make you an irredeemably awful human being
- but how you respond to criticism can be a pretty good indicator of your awfulness